Flood Insurance Notice:
Texas is no stranger to floods and the damage that can be caused by rising waters. Here are some facts you should know about flooding and flood insurance:
- You have a 1 in 4 chance of flooding during the life of a 30-year mortgage if you live in a high-risk area.
- You don't have to live in a high-risk zone to be a victim. Almost 25 percent of all flood claims come from low- to moderate-risk areas. You are 6 times more likely to experience flooding than fire.
- Even minor flooding can mean major financial difficulties. Imagine just a few inches of flood water invading your home. That's more than enough to destroy floors, damage walls and ruin appliances—costing you thousands of dollars.
- Damage by flooding is not covered on standard residential or commercial property insurance policies.
- A so-called 100-year flood can occur in any community at any time; it could happen in our community next week; it doesn't have to be a tropical storm or a hurricane; an intense thunderstorm can dump 10 or more inches of rain in a couple of hours.
- When such an event occurs, no community and no location is safe; no drainage system can carry away 10 or more inches of rain when it falls in a short amount of time.
- Flood insurance can be provided on virtually any residential or commercial structure and the contents within the structure, no matter where it is located in our community.
- Flood insurance is available through our agency.
If you don't have flood insurance, don't know if you have flood insurance, think you don't need flood insurance, or have flood insurance and want to review your limits and coverages, please Contact Us today.